When was the last time you took an IQ test? If it’s been a while, you’re going to love what we have in store for you today. After browsing a few websites, we stumbled across a truly challenging test for you to take. Instead of your everyday boring IQ test, we found one that will actually challenge your brain! While this isn’t an official IQ test (we know you know that), it sure is fun to see the results!
If you are wondering how hard this test is, it is pretty tricky. In fact, out of the 80 people who Apost gave their ‘IQ test’ to, only 2 were able to pass and none of them got 100% of the answers correct. We are curious to see how well our readers will do since we know many of you are actual geniuses. To begin, all you will need is a pen and a piece of paper. No calculators allowed, and no cheating! To get accurate results, you will need to be as honest as possible.
Ready to begin? Great! Take a deep breath and try not to overthink the questions. We will give you the correct answers at the end of the article. Let’s see how much of a creative thinker you are!
Creative Thinker ‘IQ Test’
1. If you rearrange the letters “anther” you’d have the name of the capital of:
2. Finger is to hand as leaf is to:
3. Pick the odd one out:
4. If there are 3 oranges and you take away 2, how many do you have?
5. Choose the number that is ½ of ¼ of ½ of 4.
6. Pick the odd one out:
|a) May 22, 2012|
|b) October 30, 1982|
|c) April 9, 1983|
|d) February 31, 1998|
7. How many minutes are there in four and a half hours?
8. Grape is to peach as carrot is to:
9. Pick the odd one out:
10. If you rearrange the letters “tantric-aca” you’d have the name of a:
How do you think you did on this IQ test? Hopefully, you got them all right! But, if you got even 8 out of 10, you still passed. Let’s find out! Here are the correct answers below:
- 1. If you rearrange the letters “anther” you’d have the name of the capital of: c) IRAN (Tehran)
- 2. Finger is to hand as leaf is to: c) TREE
- 3. Pick the odd one out: d) FLUTE (flute is a wind instrument, the rest are string)
- 4. If there are 3 oranges and you take away 2, how many do you have? c) 3 (if you have the oranges, and you take some away, YOU still have the full amount)
- 5. Choose the number that is ½ of ¼ of ½ of 4. d) 0.25 (half of 4 is 2, one fourth of 2 is 0.5 and half of that is 0.25) OR dpending on how your mind works (1/2 of 1/4 = 1/8, and 1/8 of 1/2 = 1/16, and 1/16 of 4 = 0.25)
- 6. Pick the odd one out: d) February 31, 1998 (there is no Feb the 31st on a calendar)
- 7. How many minutes are there in four and a half hours? d) 270 (4 x 60 = 240 + 30 = 270)
- 8. Grape is to peach as carrot is to: b) Raddish (they both grow underground)
- 9. Pick the odd one out: b) Milk (milk is used to make all of those products)
- 10. If you rearrange the letters “tantric-aca” you’d have the name of a: c) Continent (Antarctica)
Take a look at some more brain teasers below!