Nowadays, we spend all our free time usually staring at our screens, mindlessly scrolling through our social media. It can make us duller as we look through the same things over and over again, without exercising our brains.
So, if you have some free time, why not try out solving riddles? Riddles are one of the most enjoyable and beneficial mental exercises. Plus, when you successfully manage to crack one of the more difficult riddles, you get an unrivaled sense of achievement. Moreover, solving riddles acts as stress-relief, and betters the health of our minds. It also enhances our skills of cognition.
If all that has convinced you to try some riddles, then today we bring you 15 of them! But before you start solving them, here is a warning: they are built to test the limits of your intelligence. So don’t feel disappointed if you don’t get some answers. Some of them are really tough!
Here Come The Riddles
1. A woman was staying at a hotel when she heard knocking at her door. When she opened it, she saw a man she did not know. The man apologized and said that he thought it was his room, and left. But the woman immediately called security from her room. Why was she so suspicious of the man?
2. Two sons and Two fathers are traveling together in a car. However, the car has only three passengers. How can that be?
3. Neither do I speak nor can I hear anything. But I will always tell the truth? Identify me.
4. Which letter is the coolest one in the alphabet?
5. Walk on the living – they don’t even mumble. But walk on the dead and they will mutter and grumble. What are “they”?
6. When you need me, you throw me away. But you bring me back when you don’t need me. What am I?
7. I am as big as an elephant but have no weight. What am I?
8. I am only 2 words but I have thousands of letters. What am I?
9. If you eat me, my sender will eat you. What am I?
10. I am 4 times as old as my daughter. 20 years from now, I will be twice her age. What are our ages right now?
11. What word in English is pronounced the same way, even if you remove the last 4 of its 5 letters?
12. Where can you finish a book without finishing a sentence?
13. I am a 4-letter word. Even if I am written upside down, backward, or forward, you can still read me from left to right. What am I?
14. Suzy drove all the way to Los Angeles from New York City in 4 days. When the trip ended, she discovered that one tire had a puncture. How did she successfully make the drive without any trouble?
15. John is carrying a water barrel that weighs 60 pounds. Is there anything he can add to the barrel that will make it weigh 40 pounds?
Take your time with the riddles. Some of them are simpler than the rest, but that does not mean you should underestimate them.
If you are sure about the answers, then here they are:
|1. No one knocks on their own hotel door.|
|2. There is a father, a grandfather, and a son.|
|3. A Mirror.|
|4. B. Because it is surrounded by AC.|
|6. An Anchor.|
|7. An elephant’s shadow.|
|8. Post Office|
|9. A fish hook.|
|10. My daughter is 10 and I am 40.|
|12. In a Prison.|
|14. The punctured tire was her spare one.|
|15. John can add a hole to the barrel.|
So how many of them did you get correct? Let us know in the comments below! Also, be sure to challenge your family and friends with this riddle quiz.
Also, here are some more riddles that can work your brain’s gears: