Take a look at this animated picture of a perfect beach day that has been making its rounds online. This picture, seemingly, a happy-go-lucky-perfect picture, has gained popularity since one hilarious aspect was noticed to be quite inaccurate. Before we give anything away, can you work out what’s wrong with this picture?
If you’re like me, you would have spent many of your family holidays hunched over a book with your siblings and cousins trying to search for that elusive Wally in the red and black striped shirt. Where’s Wally was an iconic book that boasted some seriously busy scenes from historic standpoints to picnics in the park that were muddled with hundreds of characters and you had to find the tiny man dressed in a red and black striped shirt hidden amongst the mayhem. In my family, there was a lot of head bumping to get the most advantageous position to find him first.
Can you spot what’s wrong with this picture?
This is a similar puzzle because you really have to strain your eyes and coax your concentration into submission – this is no easy task. Let’s first take a look at each aspect of the picture before we give away the answer.
- On the right-hand side, we have a red-headed woman sunbathing on her towel reading a book. She is lying on her side, wearing a purple bikini, seemingly in relaxation mode.
- In the middle, we have a strong woman carrying a man in her arms – they seem to be having fun. The woman has brown hair that is tied up in a ponytail, she is also wearing a pink bikini. The man is blond and adorned with sunglasses. He grins merrily as he waves at the woman carrying him.
- To their left is a young boy building sandcastles, and he seems to be really good at it. He is also a red-head, his shirt is green, whilst the basket and spade to his left are purple.
- Above him, or further back, there are two people playing with a ball. The woman has a red bikini on, and to their right, there is a man chilling out on his inflatable bed in the ocean.
- Don’t forget about the man swimming right at the back. From the looks of things, he is swimming in freestyle towards the right-hand edge of the picture.
- Above him, far in the distance, we can see a steam-engine boat that has three towers going from tall to short.
- Next, there are the mountains far in the distance.
- The sky is a beautiful blue ombre shade with three bigger clouds at the top and two smaller ones at the bottom.
Could you find the problem?
Everything in this picture seems to be in order right? Well, that’s not actually the case, if you look close enough you will see the issue. Have a look one more time! It’s mightily frustrating, isn’t it? Let’s see if you managed to spot what’s wrong with the picture. Look below for the answer!
And there you have it! The problem was waving in your face the whole time. If you look closely, you will notice that the man being carried by the woman only has four fingers! Everyone else seems to have the right amount of fingers and toes except him! How unfortunate.